Our First Video!! January 18, 2016 08:00
Before the super fun stuff, lets start with a few announcements...
- We are excited to announce that we will be doing a pop-up at the Southpoint West Elm on Saturday, January 30th from 12-5. Pencil us into your planner! Click here for specific location in the mall.
- We finally figured out the best way to deliver our blog posts straight to your e-mail. Click here if you'd like to try it out. Long story short, this took some time and elbow grease (and tons of forum reading), enjoy!
- Planners and Calendars are 20% off!!
SUPER FUN STUFF....
When we started UPstudio with the goal of designing the perfect planner, we didn't realize what all we were getting ourselves into, in a good way. We have had to wear many different hats and we have learned SO much.
Last week we tried on the videographer hat and decided to make a feature video for our 2016 Planner. Who knew there was something better than 1080p? We do now, hello 4K.
Our main goal with this video is to reach the more visual customer. Those people will skip over the description of our planner and just look at the pictures (they've skipped all this explanation and have already watched the video... haha). Without reading our planner description one would miss key features that set the planner apart that can't be captured in photos. Examples: the double sided folder, the 5 pages of graph paper at the end of each month, etc. So, by watching us flip through the planner, you can see it all. You can pause on each page and zoom in if you'd like. (Please zoom in, we filmed it in 4K just so that the text would be crisp enough for up close and personal viewing.)
This is our first attempt at creating a video, so be gentle with your comments...
Here are some funny behind the scenes pictures for your viewing pleasure.. (and yes, this is some double gorilla tripod action #macgyver)
Merry Christmas December 22, 2015 08:00For to us a child is born,
From our families to yours: we hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Just some quick announcements... (don't want to take up too much of your time, cause you should be celebrating and spending time with your family)
- Our 2016 Planners and our 2016 Typeface Calendar are now 20% off. (Yes, we are serious!) Prices as marked, no discount code necessary.
- If you live or work in Raleigh and want to check out our planners in person (and save on shipping) head over to So & So Books on Person Street, or Gather next to 212 E. Franklin Street. We are excited to be featured in both stores!
- We just added a "Featured" page to our website. It shows up at the top of our webpage, or in our menu on your mobile device. This page will be updated frequently with where to find us or our products outside of our website. IE: events where you can meet us in person, shops where you can find our products, and places out in the world wide web where we are featured.
- Speaking of features.. Knox from @knoxthedox featured us yesterday on Instagram! Looks like he uses our planner to keep track of all his girls. (By the way if you don't already follow this adorable dachshund from Raleigh, you should! #supportlocal.)
We hope you have a chance to slow down and enjoy time off work and time with your family to celebrate the reason for the season! We plan to do just that, we'll see you next week.
-Becky and Mary Beth
Website Launch July 27, 2015 08:00
We are super excited to launch our brand new website! We have been working hard behind the scenes for the big reveal:
So make sure to go and check it out (and maybe buy a few things while you are there). But most importantly, we have been looking at the website for weeks and sometimes when you look at something every day you overlook small things. So let us know if you find any errors or miss-links. We aren't website developers (even though after weeks of work we feel like it).
Leave a comment, let us know what you think, or let us know we misspelled something ridiculous.
-- Mary Beth and Becky