2017 Mother's Day Gift Guide May 4, 2017 05:00
Do you ever have a holiday sneak up on your only to realize that it's the next day and you haven't prepared for it at all? (you're not alone!) In an effort to not have that happen again, here is your official reminder that Mother's Day is quickly approaching - don't forget to do something for your Mama! For your convenience, we've curated a list of sure-fire awesome gifts that Mom will love, at all price points.
- A hug (if you're close enough to give one) FREE
- A phone call (if you won't see your mom in person to give her a hug) FREE
- A thank you note (don't underestimate the power of a hand written note! we love the UPstudio I Heart You and Check Box cards, and also this and this) $1 - $5
- Wine (sometimes, wine is wine and unless she's a connoisseur, she'll never know how much you spent) $3 - $25
- A nice candle (we love the scents from Southern Elegance like the Southern Sunshine candle) $10 - $25
- Jewelry (currently loving everything from Shop Wind Blown and the graphic metal pieces from Haden Designs)
- Handmade pottery pieces (planters or mugs or a jewelry holder like this Philodendron Leaf Bowl from Lauren Sumner Pottery)
- A fancier-than-normal dinner (homemade is always a winner, or take her to any of our favorite Raleigh restaurants: Poole's Diner or Bida Manda)
Here's the thing - no matter what you do, your mom's going to love it just as much as she loved the drawings you brought home to her from pre-school that she has tucked away. A phone call or a hand written note can mean more than money, and will more than make her day.
UPstudio Gift Guide December 15, 2016 05:00
Everyone has someone on their list that would enjoy UPstudio under the tree this Christmas! We've pulled together a few ideas for inspiration.
The list maker/planner in your life would love a new 2017 UPstudio Planner!
Do you have any teachers you need gifts for? A recent customer decided to buy their teachers a book for their classroom paired with an UPstudio Journal, notebook elastic pencil holder, and a catch-phrase pencil.
For every journal sold we'll send a free pencil and notebook elastic. Simply reply to your order confirmation e-mail with your pencil and elastic preference (see available options below).
Do you have a friend that is an avid letter writer or thank you card giver? UPstudio has plenty of cards, including two Christmas cards. Buy them individually or in packs of 6, and choose your envelope color.
Need a stocking-stuffer for the lover of office supplies? We've got you covered! Check out the UPstudio accessories collection.
To ensure Christmas delivery, place your orders by:
- Planners: December 20th
- All other UPstudio Products: December 19th
If your presents need wrapping don't forget about our free printable gift tags!
(PS... Sign up for our newsletter and use code NEWSLETTER to get 10% off your order today!)
Valentine's Day Card Roundup February 4, 2016 08:00
Are you guys as card obsessed as we are? We love hunting down the perfect card for every occasion (at least for those we decide not to use our Everyday Cards for). With only 10 days left till Valentine's day, time is running out. To help you out we've rounded up a handful of our favorites...
photos courtesy of websites linked below
- True Love is the Greatest Adventure by Ladyfingers Letterpress. We love the fun 3D aspect of this bad boy!
- Hugs and Kisses by Egg Press. Sweet, simple, and foil stamped.
- Dog Love Card by Ladyfingers Letterpress. But seriously, who doesn't love their dog more than 99% of people? (They also have a cat card, for all the cat peeps out there.)
- Bisous by Hello! Lucky. The lovely french word 'bisou', in short, is a kiss on the cheek.
- Acorn Nuts About You Card by 1canoe2. A Raleigh shout out, city of oaks!
- Everything Bagel by Fishcake Design Studio. One of our husbands may or may not be getting this one (we'll see if he reads this blog post, #test).
- Amazing Single Friend Valentine Card by Emily McDowell Studio. For your amazing single friend that you can't believe hasn't been scooped up by prince charming yet.
- Achin' for your Bacon by Egg Press. Everyone loves bacon, so why not put it on a card?
- Talk Nerdy to Me by Little Lovlies. The graph paper backdrop of this card is totally calling our name (have you noticed our slight obsession? graph paper everywhere, please!).
What card are you planning to give this Valentine's Day? (Or share your favorite source for cards, we are always on the lookout!)
Holiday Gift Guide December 10, 2015 08:00 1 Comment
Are you guys in the Holiday Spirit yet? With only 15 days left until Christmas, we certainly are! We're both wrapping up our shopping and thought we would share some of our favorite products that we use frequently for gift giving. We try to shop local and small businesses before fighting crowds at big box stores, and hope you all will consider doing the same. Enjoy!
- Let's get this one out of the way first: we think our products are pretty great (especially the 2016 Planner), so we encourage you to check out the UPstudio shop! Did you notice that we have a new product? Gold Arrow Paper Clips are now available as a great way to highlight items or keep a place in your planner.
- Little Grey Line* - Jessica Johnson Moore is one talented lady with a sewing machine. She converts mens dress shirts into dresses for girls, and the products are both stunning and sentimental.
- Studio KMO - Karen O'Leary's beautiful hand cut maps are truly like nothing else you have seen. The quality of her work is evident in each small shape precisely removed with an X-ACTO blade.
- Holly Aiken* - Holly is well known around Raleigh (and most of NC) for her handcrafted bags and accessories. We particularly love that you can pick your own colors for a customized product. Look at her shop year round for special products relating to Raleigh events (like the Wide Open Bluegrass Festival held in the fall!)
- Off the Cuff* - Together with her husband, Madi Johnson creates beautiful cuff links that are perfect for any occasion. They are completely customizable, and here's the best part: a portion of each sale goes to charity.
- Spark Metal Studio* - Kathleen Dautel is an architect turned metalsmith whose love of design reads clearly in her jewelry. With stainless steel and epoxy resin materials, her modern jewelry is perfect for anyone.
- Tierra Sol Studio* - Who has time to keep plants alive during the hectic Christmas season? We don't. That is why this beautiful cactus by husband and wife team, Seana and Yair is perfect. We can't get enough of all of their cacti and terrariums.
- Afternoon Owl Designs* - We have an obsession with infinity scarves: the cozier the better. These crocheted beauties by Rebecca of Afternoon Owl Designs definitely fit the bill.
- Lauren Pottery* - Lauren creates beautiful handmade pottery items for your home. Our personal favorite is the North Carolina heart ornament - a great small gift for anyone on your list.
photos courtesy of websites linked above
A few extra notes: we didn't realize this as we were compiling the list, but this is quite a collection of powerful women. We have the utmost respect for each and every one of them (and their husbands!) An asterisk (*) denotes a company that is local to the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area).