2017 Mother's Day Gift Guide May 4, 2017 05:00
Do you ever have a holiday sneak up on your only to realize that it's the next day and you haven't prepared for it at all? (you're not alone!) In an effort to not have that happen again, here is your official reminder that Mother's Day is quickly approaching - don't forget to do something for your Mama! For your convenience, we've curated a list of sure-fire awesome gifts that Mom will love, at all price points.
- A hug (if you're close enough to give one) FREE
- A phone call (if you won't see your mom in person to give her a hug) FREE
- A thank you note (don't underestimate the power of a hand written note! we love the UPstudio I Heart You and Check Box cards, and also this and this) $1 - $5
- Wine (sometimes, wine is wine and unless she's a connoisseur, she'll never know how much you spent) $3 - $25
- A nice candle (we love the scents from Southern Elegance like the Southern Sunshine candle) $10 - $25
- Jewelry (currently loving everything from Shop Wind Blown and the graphic metal pieces from Haden Designs)
- Handmade pottery pieces (planters or mugs or a jewelry holder like this Philodendron Leaf Bowl from Lauren Sumner Pottery)
- A fancier-than-normal dinner (homemade is always a winner, or take her to any of our favorite Raleigh restaurants: Poole's Diner or Bida Manda)
Here's the thing - no matter what you do, your mom's going to love it just as much as she loved the drawings you brought home to her from pre-school that she has tucked away. A phone call or a hand written note can mean more than money, and will more than make her day.