Ways to Use the 2016 Typeface Calendar January 7, 2016 08:00
First, let's cover the basics:
- This is our version of a wall calendar, but you don't necessarily have to hang them on your wall, there are many uses (which we'll discus shortly).
- The calendar consists of 12 unbound 5" x 7" 130# cover weight pages.
- Each month features an UPstudio original design at the top. We creatively utilize a different type in each design, hence our calendar name, 'typeface'. If you want to check out all 12 designs, we showcase them over on our Instagram account today.
- There is then a single line for each day of the month (labeled by the day of the week and the date) for you to use however you'd like.
- The back is black with our logo at the bottom in white. The back can be seen in the feature image on the product page.
So, hopefully you have a visual now. As a tangent, one thing we have learned is a definite struggle of having primarily only a website presence is that people want to touch and feel your product prior to purchasing, and have some familiarity with it. We hope that by being extremely descriptive you can experience our products enough to want one for yourself! That being said, please let us know if after reading about a product you are still left with questions.
We've had many people ask us what they could use our calendar for. Ask and you shall receive - here are a handful of ideas (but don't let this list limit you):
You can use it as a wall calendar. I (Mary Beth) have it on my fridge to keep track of household things: when the recycling is coming, when we need to change the filters, birthdays, anniversaries, family events, heartworm for Bauer, etc. Anything and everything our whole household needs to remember. You can use it for the same thing at your desk at work to keep track of big meetings or events.
You can stick it in a present in lieu of or in addition to a card. Here I stuck it in a baby shower gift and labeled the due date for the mom to be. This could work for any gift giving event.
Similarly you can stick it in the mail for any special occasion. Use it as a birthday card, anniversary card, congratulations, etc.
You could also use our calendar to track any type of goal or data:
- Let your children use it to track amount of time spent reading each day
- Track the length of your runs, or the amount of time you exercised
- Use it to track your calorie intake, your weight, or Weight Watchers points
- Use it as a countdown calendar to a big event
- Use it to write down a memory a day while you're pregnant, or after you give birth as a keepsake
- Track big events in your babies first year like when they smile or roll over for the first time
- Use it to meal plan for the upcoming month
Limitless, seriously limitless...
What are your fun ideas? How do you plan to utilize your UPstudio 2016 Typeface Calendar?
Here's to 2016 December 31, 2015 08:00
Happy New Year's Eve everyone! We can't help taking a look back at 2015 and feeling pretty good about our accomplishments here at UPstudio. It makes us even more excited to see what 2016 has in store. We have a lot of plans, both in business and our personal lives, and it'll be a busy but fun year. Keep an eye out for new products, giveaways, and involvement from you guys!
A new year always feels like a new start, so let's talk resolutions. Actually, let's not talk resolutions, because they are rarely met after the first week of the year, right? Instead, let's set goals, but not beat ourselves up if we don't quite make it there. I for one (Becky), miss the mark constantly, and hit my reset button almost weekly. Here are a few of the goals that we're setting for 2016:
- Spend time with a daily devotional (Becky and Mary Beth)
- Get as organized as we can with the 2016 Planner and Typeface Calendar (Becky and Mary Beth and UPstudio and everything else) Have we convinced you yet that you need one of these? They are still on sale now!!!
- Create new additions for the Everyday Card line (UPstudio)
- Spend quality time with family (Becky and Mary Beth)
- Read more books (Becky and Mary Beth)
- Get nursery ready for new baby girl this Spring (Becky)
- Meet lots of awesome makers in Raleigh (UPstudio)
- Document firsts and fun things as Walt grows up (Mary Beth)
- Eat more cupcakes (Becky and Mary Beth)
- Figure out how to avoid vacuuming the stairs - seriously the worst (Mary Beth)
- Avoid changing out of pajamas (Becky)
- Finally make a toast to creating UPstudio... between pregnancies, newborns, schedules, and more pregnancies, we have still not officially toasted the launch of UPstudio. This will absolutely be remedied in 2016 with some champagne goodness (Becky and Mary Beth)
What are your goals? Will 2016 be the best year yet? I'm thinking that it will be. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go set my alarm to go off at 11:55 so I will wake up for the ball drop after inevitably falling asleep on the couch. Cheers!
Christmas Giveaway!!! December 15, 2015 07:44 14 Comments
***GIVEAWAY GIVEAWAY GIVEAWAY***
Can you tell we're excited about this one? Christmas is just around the corner, and we're going to hook one lucky winner up with a pretty great gift - wrap it up and give it away, or keep it for yourself (we won't tell, we promise). The winner will be sent: a 2016 Typeface Calendar, a 2016 Planner, and a pack of Gold Christmas Tree Paper Clips to use with your planner - a prize valued at over $60! So, get your typing fingers ready and start entering!
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to submit your entries.
Here are the official rules:
- You must comment on this blog post to be entered. Tell us: what you are hoping is under the tree for you this Christmas?
- You can get one additional entry by signing up for our newsletter.
- For even more additional entries, use your social media:
- Instagram - follow us on Instagram and tag three friends on the photo associated with this giveaway
- Facebook - share the photo associated with this giveaway on your Timeline
- Twitter - follow us on twitter and tweet about this giveaway
- Entries are valid through Saturday, December 19 at 11:59pm, EST
- One winner will be drawn at random and notified Sunday
- US residents valid only (sorry about this one - hopefully changing soon!)