2018 UPstudio Planner Release Party Invite November 30, 2017 08:00
Join us tomorrow, December 1, from 6-9 at DECO Raleigh (19 W Hargett Street, Raleigh) for First Friday and the 2018 UPstudio Planner Release Party! There will be snacks from Manhattan Cafe, wine provided by Deco, and of course - planners! Come start (or finish) your holiday shopping, eat delicious food, and hang out with us.
2018 UPstudio Planner Event at Quail Ridge Books September 14, 2017 05:00
- WOW! Release of the 2018 UPstudio Planner was a hit - and the satchel leather planners sold out on the website much faster than we thought they would! We ordered a limited quantity of this leather color, but there are a few ways that you can still get one of your own:
- An additional order of satchel planners is in production and will be ready for purchase on the website in early October. If you want to be notified via e-mail when they are restocked and available for purchase click here.
- If you're local to Raleigh, head over to Quail Ridge Books, Deco Raleigh, or So & So Books to pick up a planner - each location has both leather colors available.
- Scratch and Dent planners are officially released! As with any bulk print, there are bound to be a few things that don't come out perfectly - if you're in to paying less for slightly imperfect products, then this is the planner for you! Both leather colors are available. All of these flaws are aesthetic and do not render the planner unusable in any way.
If you live in or around Raleigh, you've almost certainly heard of Quail Ridge Books. The mid-sized independent book store relocated in Spring of 2016 to its new home at North Hills, having been previously located in the Ridgewood Shopping Center. Quail Ridge is a Raleigh staple, and is well loved for good reason, with it's large selection of books, friendly staff, and inviting atmosphere. We at UPstudio couldn't be more thrilled or proud to be a part of the family of products that they carry. Quail Ridge is dedicated to serving the local community, and we have seen the absolute truth in that in working with their staff the past year.
Quail Ridge Books has a full event calendar, and we are excited to announce that UPstudio will host an event in-store on Sunday, September 17th from 2-4pm. 2018 Planners will be available for purchase and we will be there to present examples of different ways that the planner can be used in order to suit your lifestyle. Did we mention that we'll also have wine and snacks? Whether you're browsing for books or want to start 2018 off more organized than ever, we hope to see you there!
Our First Video!! January 18, 2016 08:00
Before the super fun stuff, lets start with a few announcements...
- We are excited to announce that we will be doing a pop-up at the Southpoint West Elm on Saturday, January 30th from 12-5. Pencil us into your planner! Click here for specific location in the mall.
- We finally figured out the best way to deliver our blog posts straight to your e-mail. Click here if you'd like to try it out. Long story short, this took some time and elbow grease (and tons of forum reading), enjoy!
- Planners and Calendars are 20% off!!
SUPER FUN STUFF....
When we started UPstudio with the goal of designing the perfect planner, we didn't realize what all we were getting ourselves into, in a good way. We have had to wear many different hats and we have learned SO much.
Last week we tried on the videographer hat and decided to make a feature video for our 2016 Planner. Who knew there was something better than 1080p? We do now, hello 4K.
Our main goal with this video is to reach the more visual customer. Those people will skip over the description of our planner and just look at the pictures (they've skipped all this explanation and have already watched the video... haha). Without reading our planner description one would miss key features that set the planner apart that can't be captured in photos. Examples: the double sided folder, the 5 pages of graph paper at the end of each month, etc. So, by watching us flip through the planner, you can see it all. You can pause on each page and zoom in if you'd like. (Please zoom in, we filmed it in 4K just so that the text would be crisp enough for up close and personal viewing.)
This is our first attempt at creating a video, so be gentle with your comments...
Here are some funny behind the scenes pictures for your viewing pleasure.. (and yes, this is some double gorilla tripod action #macgyver)
Dress Your Tech December 3, 2015 08:00
You may not have ever heard of DESIGNLOVEFEST, but I follow her blog pretty religiously. It is a great mix of just about everything. It inspires me to be more creative on a daily basis.
One highlight is the "Dress Your Tech" section where once a week or every other week she features amazing desktop backgrounds. Not sure if you're in the same boat as me, but I hate the standard backgrounds on my computer, and I feel like I can never find the perfect picture to use that I won't get tired of in about five minutes (sorry hubby and son). The collection on DESIGNLOVEFEST is perfect for me; simple and creative, with a ton to choose from so I can change it every day if I tire of it. Most of the images offered are designed by pretty famous people specifically for DESIGNLOVEFEST. The best part: they are all FREE!
Here is one of my favorites, it is vintage DESIGNLOVEFEST from 2013:
This is my current desktop background, in case you're wondering:
I might be moving on to this fun guy next:
Or maybe this one?
For those of you who want something a little more colorful and fun, maybe this one?
There are tons of options, and your tastes might not line up exactly with mine, so go check it out for yourself. You just might find something perfect!
We hope to see you all this weekend (and next weekend, and the following weekend!)
--Mary Beth and Becky